We invite you to attend our Military and Veteran Services Orientation on Thursday and Friday, August 15-16, 2019. This will be an opportunity to receive military- and veteran-specific information in addition to your respective school’s orientation, and to connect with other military-connected students and key campus and community resources.
This orientation is designed for our student veterans, service members and their spouses and partners, but is open to all military-connected students, including dependent children, caregivers, survivors and ROTC cadets. We recognize this orientation may conflict with other school orientations and we can meet with you individually upon request.
We request RSVPs using the form below.
Day 1: Military and Veteran Services Orientation
Thursday, August 15, 2019
9 am – 3 pm
Danforth University Center, Room 234 (DUC 234)
Refreshments and lunch are provided. Orientation events include:
- Welcome and Introductions
- Military and Veteran Services Overview
- VA Education Benefits and Military Tuition Assistance: School Certifying Official and Third-Party Billing Discussion and Q&A
- Key Campus Resources Discussion and Q&A
- Student Veteran Q&A Panel with SVA Leadership
- Veteran Financial Wellness during Transition and Beyond
- Tour of Key Areas (optional)
- Individual Advising Appointments (optional)
Day 2: VA and Community Partnership Summit
Friday, August 16, 2019
8 am – 3:30 pm
Hillman Hall, Brown School
WashU is hosting the VA St. Louis Health Care System’s joint Transition and Care Management Education, Community Mental Health Summit, & Welcome Home Celebration on Friday, August 16 at Hillman Hall. Lunch is provided.
This program focuses on topics that impact transitioning service members, Veterans, professionals and caregivers including agency and community partnerships.
- Veteran’s Guide to College and Benefits
- Moral Injury
- Health Consequences for Environmental Pollutants
- Equitable Care for Female Veterans
- Community Collaboration in Mental Health
- Veteran Treatment Courts
- Supporting Caregivers of Veterans Living with Mental Health Conditions