Below are 2 important updates received after yesterday’s email was sent.
WashU Crisis Response Fund for Students: The WashU Crisis Response Fund for Students is designed to provide financial resources for Washington University students who, as a result of unexpected additional costs or loss of income, need emergency financial support to pay for essential needs, such as housing, food, and medicine, between March 15, 2020 and April 30, 2020. In mid-April, the University will reassess the Fund’s capacity to determine whether it will be possible to provide further support to students beyond April 30th.
The WashU Crisis Response Fund for Students will endeavor to address essential needs that Student Financial Services, School-based funds, and other additional support funds are unable to address. The following list includes some examples of categories that could be considered an essential need for a student and that may fall within the parameters for funding:
- Expenses for Non-University owned housing, including rent and utilities (undergraduate students in University housing should contact email@example.com; graduate/professional students in Quadrangle housing should contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Groceries (students with University meal plans should contact email@example.com)
- Unreimbursed co-pays for physical or mental health services
Please visit https://webportalapp.com/sp/login/washu-studentcovidfund for complete details on the WashU Crisis Response Fund for Students. Requests for funding will be accepted until April 7, 2020 at 5:00 pm Central. While we will make every effort to offer some emergency funding for stipend requests that meet the criteria laid out above, we know that it will not be possible for us to grant every request. If you have questions about the Fund, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Habif Student Health Insurance Update: United Healthcare (UHC), and UHC Student Resources by extension, has updated some of their policies around COVID-19. Effective March 30th, UHC will be waiving all member cost-sharing for COVID-19 testing AND treatment through May 31, 2020. Also, UHC will be waiving cost-sharing for telehealth services by in-network providers for ALL services, COVID and non-COVID, through June 18, 2020.
Learn more about Habif Health Promotion on the following social media sites:
- Instagram: @washu_habif
- Facebook: facebook.com/WashUHabif
- Twitter: @WashU_Habif
- CampusWell: https://washu.campuswell.com/category/campus/
- Recovery Group Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WashURecoveryGroup